Green Tea-Dark Chocolate Marble Loaf
½ cup butter
scant ¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
1 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 160 C/ 330 F. Grease a loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat for 5-6 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold gently until combined.
- In another bowl, combine matcha powder and water and stir until no lumps remain. Add half of the cake batter into this bowl and beat until uniform.
- Beat cocoa powder and milk in to the other half of the cake batter.
- Dollop the two mixes in to the loaf tin alternately. Tap the bottom on work surface to ensure no air bubbles remain. Take a skewer and swirl it around the mixture to get the marble effect.
- Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days, though mine vanished in less than 5 minutes!